Cantina del Pino

The ex-director of Alba’s Royal Enological School Domizio Cavazza purchased this property in 1894, confounding locals by deciding against investing in the famous Barolo area. He had correctly identified the potential of the Nebbiolo grape here, on hills above an obscure village called Barbaresco, and it was on this property that he produced the very first wines under the now-famous Barbaresco appellation. Some years later it was purchased by the Vacca family, Renato Vacca being the current proprietor. With approximately equal range (40-70 years) in both the age of the vines and of that of the family workforce of aunts and uncles that look after them, the production of Cantina del Pino is the perfect balance of clean and polished, temperature-controlled modern winemaking with an authentic edge and local flavour.
Set Descending Direction

5 Items

Set Descending Direction

5 Items

Loading, please wait...