Terms & Conditions
- About Us
- Age restrictions
- Cancellation & Refund
- Contact Us
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Quality Guarantee
- Use of site
- Voucher Codes
- Your Account
Any references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ in these Terms refers to Caro’s Wine Merchants, 114 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland 1052. GST number 63237108.
It is against the law for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy wine, or for any person over the age of 18 to buy or attempt to buy wine for any person under the age of 18. Caro’s is committed to upholding its legal and social obligations as a retailer of wine. By placing an order you confirm that you (and the recipient of the wine) are at least 18 years old.
All products and services are subject to changes in availability. As a seasonal product wine changes vintages and or becomes unavailable. At times we may need to substitute a different vintage or wine of the same or greater value.
Unless otherwise agreed, refunds will be made by the original payment method.
Deliveries by our trusted third party carriers are available to addresses throughout New Zealand, as well as to Australia. If any of the order is missing or damaged please keep hold of the delivered product, the delivery note and any packaging.
For further details on delivery options and prices please go to DELIVERY INFORMATION section of our site.
Please note that representation of products on our website is for descriptive and illustrative purposes, so actual products may vary slightly. Spillage, breakage and other loss or damage caused by customer handling will not be Caro’s liability. Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings:
• Alcohol should be consumend in moderation
• Red wine in particular can cause staining to clothes and soft furnishings if spilt, so extra care should be taken
• When opening, Champagnes and sparkling wines can be volatile due to buildup of gases. Extra care should be taken when removing the cork
• A case of wine can be heavy, so when lifting it extra care should be taken
All prices quoted are in New Zealand Dollars with GST included and are listed as either or both a ‘per bottle’ price or per ‘mixed 6+’ case price, as marked. To receive ‘mixed 6+’ case pricing on bottles your purchase must comply with our case pricing terms, as indicated in the cart and elsewhere.
Any delivery charges are additional unless otherwise specified.
Any discounted Weekly Wine Deal prices will be clearly listed. Caro’s reserves the right to amend prices without notice in the event of currency fluctuations, changes in GST or tax rates or other market conditions.
We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time before we accept your order. Where an end date is specified on any offer on our site, it is intended as a guide only.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The information that we collect
Caro’s Wines operates the website https://www.caros.co.nz. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our site:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or competitions. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties apart from in the following circumstances:
- The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any use by them that we have not authorised.
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- If we have asked your prior permission (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with the personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services
- To process any credit card transactions that you might make on our site
- To help provide any other services that you have requested
- To offer the most relevant information and/or advertising suitable to your and your interests
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission
What about Cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our site. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our site from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site
- Ensure that the most relevant advertising and content can be shown
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting In and Opting Out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Can We Change This Policy?
Your Right To Access Your Information
All personally identifiable information that we hold about you will be held at the offices of our hosting service provider. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Caro's, we pride ourselves on our products and the "personal-touch" that we like to add to all orders. If for any reason you are not entirely happy with your order or you suspect products may be affected by a quality issue, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will remedy the problem.
1) You decide you don’t like it
If you’ve purchased wine from us and it’s not to your taste, we’ll gladly replace the remaining bottles for an equivalent. Just bring them into our store and we’ll discuss a more suitable alternative.
Returned items must be unopened with labels and presentation in new condition and must have been stored and transported appropriately (without damage from sun or heat, for example).
2) Wine faults
If you buy wine from us and it’s faulty or corked, bring or send the bottles to us and we’ll replace them hassle-free. In some cases we may request proof of purchase.
3) Packing errors
If when your wine arrives you realise there’s been a packing error, please get in contact with us immediately and we’ll remedy it. We’ll collect the incorrect bottles and replace them with the correct items you requested.
4) Delivery damage
If any wine is damaged in transit, please let us know within 48 hours of delivery and we’ll replace the wine swiftly. Please keep the damaged bottles, delivery note and/or packaging – as we may need these to discuss the incident with our couriers.
How do we protect your information?
When you give us personal information by registering on the site, be assured we use state of the art encryption technology. This means that your data is "scrambled" before it is sent to us – remaining incredibly safe – and can only be "unscrambled" by us once we've received it safely. The data you provide us with is stored in secure databases behind software known as "firewalls", and we employ strict security policies to make sure your data remains safe.
Who can see your information?
Only specifically authorised Caro’s Wine staff and our agents (for example, our website maintenance company) have access to your personal information. Their access is controlled by high security passwords.
At Caro’s Wine we take your security seriously. If you have any questions regarding the above information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Purchasing products via the internet is one of the safest ways to place an order, but if for any reason you would rather order with us via phone or email, this is absolutely fine. Please contact us on 0800 422767 or email email@example.com and we will be happy help.
In compliance with licensing and other legislation the Caro’s site is made available only for persons of 18 years or over. By accessing our site you are agreeing that you are over 18 years old. Those under 18 years old must not use the site.
All vouchers will be supplied with an individual identification code. To claim the voucher sum, this code will be required. If purchasing online, please enter the code in the appropriate field to claim the discount. If you are purchasing in store, please hand the voucher to your Caro’s salesperson and the discount will be applied to your bill.
Some areas of the Caro’s site may require you to have registered an account with us to access additional information or features, or purchase products. By registering for an account you agree that:
• All personal information is accurate at the time of registering the account
• You’ll notify us if any information changes
• You shall not impersonate any other person. Please bear in mind it is a legal requirement to be over the age of 18 to purchase alcohol within New Zealand
Amendments to the Terms
We may update or amend these Terms from time to time and without notice, to comply with the law or to adjust to changing business requirements. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made. Such changes will be effective as soon as they are posted on our site. By continuing to use the Caro’s site or purchase products, you agree to be bound by the terms of these updates and amendments.