Today the Burgundian wine domaine of Bouchard Pere et Fils can trace its origins back to 1731, though it is no longer family owned. In 1995 the Champagne house Joseph Henriot acquired the company and quality has risen as a consequence. Bouchard is led by Stéphane Follin Arbelet, while the wines are made by Philippe Prost - who has been with the company since 1978. An impressive gravity-flow winery on the Route de Savigny, the Cuvérie St Vincent, was completed in 2005 and enables them to process all their wines with optimum efficiency. Bouchard’s total holdings comprise 130 hectares, including 12ha of grand crus and 74ha of premier crus, which makes them the largest vineyard owners in the Côte d’Or.
Among the finest vineyards in Meursault, the Perrieres offers richness and dimension with definite minerality. Named for the stones or pierres that line this arid surface ...