In order to purchase alcohol you must be over 18 years old and legally entitled to do so.
Any orders of less than 6 bottles will incur a 10% surcharge. When you order 6 bottles of wine or more from our online store the 10% surcharge on the first 6 bottles will be removed. There are no limits on quantities you can order and we can deliver nationwide. The placing of an order anywhere on our website does not constitute a contract, which is made only when we accept your order and process payment.
When you order through our website there is a minimum order value of $50. Once your order has been processed, we’ll send you a confirmation email and the preparation of your order for dispatch will begin. Alternatively you can come and collect your wine from our store in Parnell.
All goods are subject to availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of specific vintages.
Payment should be made at the time of ordering by Visa, Mastercard or Amex through our secure server. It’s easy and you’ll have those lovely bottles in your hand in no time at all.
We deliver throughout New Zealand and into Australia. Our deliveries are made by trusted third party carriers. Deliveries do not require a signature and if you are out when the delivery is made the driver will leave a card explaining how to arrange a re-delivery. You should keep your delivery note and any packaging if any of the order is missing or damaged. For further details on delivery options and prices please go to DELIVERY INFORMATION section of our site.
What does it cost for delivery… not a lot. The prices are listed below.
Auckland - $4.99 per case of 12 or less
North Island - $7.99 per case of 12 or less or $4.99 per case if ordering 3 or more
South Island - $9.99 per case of 12 or less or $5.99 per case if ordering 3 or more
Rural surcharge - $6 per delivery if our couriers need to break out the sat nav
Waiheke Island - $4.99 per case of 12 or less (delivered to Matiatia Wharf for customers to collect)
Alternatively you could consider subscribing to Caro's Infinite - our no limits delivery programme, and have all your delivery costs covered for the year.
If for any reason you need to cancel some or part of your order you must contact us immediately on 0800 422767 or 09 377 9974 to provide us with the details. We will do our best to accommodate your needs. Refunds will be made by the same method used to originally make payment.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The information that we collect
Caro’s Wines operates the website http://www.caros.co.nz . As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
1. Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or competitions). Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
2. Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties apart from in the following circumstances:
1. The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any use by them that we have not authorised.
2. The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
3. Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
4. If we have asked your prior permission (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with the personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
1. To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
2. To process any credit card transactions that you might make on our site.
3. To help provide any other services that you have requested.
4. To offer the most relevant information and/or advertising suitable to your and your interests.
5. For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
6. For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
1. Track traffic patterns to our site.
2. Ensure that the most relevant advertising and content can being shown.
3. Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Can we change this policy?
Your right to access your information
All personally identifiable information that we hold about you will be held at the offices of our hosting service provider. The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct this information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us at email@example.com.